Populum Full Spectrum Hemp Oil Review – Did It Help Me Sleep?
CBD is a booming industry and, living in Austin, it seems like I pass a CBD store every ten feet. Its popularity is not surprising, considering how studies have shown that it can help with anxiety, nausea, and even sleep.
As someone who struggles with both anxiety and sleep issues, I was interested to see if CBD really works so I decided to review the Populum Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil. This is a popular product, and I thought it was a great place to start my CBD journey.
So, let’s take a look at what’s exactly in the bottle of Populum and talk about my experience with the oil.
Ingredients And Dosage Options
First off, Populum obviously contains CBD. What exactly is CBD? Well, it stands for Cannabidiol, one of the major phytocannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. Most people will probably recognize the other major phytocannabinoid in cannabis, THC.
While THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) is psychoactive, CBD is not. THC can make one feel high or stony, but CBD will only help one feel relaxed and help with anxiety, depression, and other sleep issues. Another real plus is that it is legal in all 50 states while THC is not.
The Populum is unique in that it is “full-spectrum hemp oil,” meaning that it contains not just a CBD oil, but many other cannabinoids and compounds found in cannabis.
For example, the Populum also features CBG (Cannabigerol), an anti-inflammatory that can relieve pain and reduce nausea. It also contains CBC (Cannabi-chromene) and CBDa (Cannabidiolic Acid) which are also anti-inflammatories. These are just a few of the cannabinoids we find in the Populum.
The Populum also contains a number of terpenes, essential oils found in hemp that add a natural citrus flavor and also have some sedative properties. According to Populum, all these ingredients have an “entourage effect” where the “restorative benefits of the whole plant is greater than the sum of its parts.”
The Populum also contains hempseed oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, and cold-pressed orange oil, ingredients that add some flavoring and can help strengthen the immune system. If customers want to know exactly what is in their batch of Populum, they can read their “Lab Results,” an ingredient sheet that details the levels of every ingredient in that bottle of Populum.
With Populum, customers have three potency options: 250 mg, 500 mg, and 1,000 mg. I personally reviewed the 500 mg option, which is their most popular potency.
Using The Populum
Let’s go through how to use the Populum. First, unscrew the bottle and take out the dropper, and fill the dropper with the appropriate amount of oil. Populum recommends that first-time CBD oil users begin with an 8 to 8.5 mg dose and, since I am using the 500 mg, this is about half a dropper.
Then, squirt the oil under the tongue, leaving the oil mouth for about 30 seconds before swallowing. One can even use one’s tongue to apply the oil to the inner cheeks. After the 30 seconds is up, take two big deep breaths and then swallow the remaining liquid.
So, what was it like using the Populum? I will say this was my first time using CBD oil, but it was easy to get used to the Populum. I placed the oil under my tongue about half an hour before bed every night.
First, it did help me fall asleep more quickly. As someone who deals with anxiety, bedtime can be a fun game of trying to forget all the mistakes I made that day. The Populum relaxed me significantly, and I fell asleep with fewer of these anxious thoughts running through my head. Early on, I took the Populum while watching John Sturges’ Bad Day At Black Rock. I fell right to sleep, and not even a fight scene between Spencer Tracy and Ernest Borgnine could keep me awake.
I also slept through the night with no issues. Sleeping through the night is not usually too difficult for me, but the Populum definitely kept me sleeping deeply.
The Populum Might Work For …
- People who want something to help them fall asleep. The Populum Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil does have some noticeable sedative effects, and it is also very relaxing. If someone has trouble falling asleep at night, the Populum could help them feel more at ease mentally and should help them fall asleep more quickly.
- Those who need help staying asleep. The relaxing and sedative effects of the Populum should last throughout the entire night. Some people wake up often during the night for a variety of reasons and, for these people, the Populum could be a great match.
- People who are looking for something full-spectrum. Many CBD oils out there are actually CBD isolates, meaning they only contain CBD and not the other beneficial compounds found in hemp. The Populum, on the other hand, is full-spectrum and features a variety of cannabinoids and terpenes with their own helpful properties.
- Those who want a product that is third-party tested. To test the quality and efficacy of its product, Populum submitted to third-party testing, so scientists unaffiliated with the company tested the Populum to make sure it is a safe and high-quality hemp oil.
The Populum Might Not Work For …
- People who like to wake up with no grogginess. This might have just been my experience with the Populum, but I did wake up a bit groggy in the morning while I was using the oil. However, after I adjusted my dose, this grogginess did lessen. It is just worth noting that some people could have this issue when starting to use this CBD oil.
- Those who want a sleep aid that is FDA-approved. This is not necessarily an issue specific to Populum because the majority of CBD products are not FDA-approved. There are many sleep aids available that have been approved by the FDA and if someone wants the FDA seal of approval, they will need to look elsewhere.
- Those who want a more affordable sleep aid. The Populum is much more affordable than many other CBD oils out there but, that being said, it is still going to cost more than over-the-counter sleep aids.
- Customers who want more potency options. This is not really a drawback, but the Populum only comes in three potencies. People will still be able to work out exactly how much they need to take, but other companies do have more potencies available.
I can say that my first experience with CBD oil was a positive one because the Populum lessened my feelings of anxiety before bed and helped me fall asleep and stay asleep.
Those who want to try out the Populum but aren’t sure it’s the right fit can try it during the company’s 30-day risk-free trial.