Does Gnc Sell Cbd Oil
The compound was outright illegal until Congress legalized industrial hemp just last year, but even though the FDA has yet to specify lawful pathways for products that contain CBD, that hasn’t stopped countless companies from launching CBD-based products at an extraordinary rate.
Twelve of them have been introduced to GNC’s line, which includes topical creams and shampoos from Physician’s Grade and Myaderm. No mention has been made of whether they’ll be providing CBD products that can be inhaled or consumed.
Why all the hype over CBD? It’s a powerful antioxidant that appears to help with inflammation, even when applied topically. Given its history as an illegal substance it’s been hard to build a wealth of studies, but research has suggested that CBD can be a powerful method of fighting inflammation, reducing pain, and possibly improving sleep and reducing anxiety.
When it comes to topical ointments, rodent studies have found that it can alleviate symptoms of arthritis. Why the CBD shampoo, though? The companies claim that it may help to improve hair density, but research is lacking in that area.
“There’s more evidence that it can exert anti-inflammatory effects on the scalp and help with cell regeneration,” says Austin Katz, the founder of Shea Brand, which produces CBD-based products. “Both CB1 one and CB2 receptors are found in hair follicles. What’s cool is that it’s not pro growth or anti-growth; it’s simply regulatory.”
You can buy CBD at Walgreens, CVS and GNC
With so many CBD shops popping up online, it’s no surprise that brick-and-mortar retailers are joining the bandwagon. After all, CBD is being touted as a potential cure-all for anxiety, pain and depression and the industry is expected to reach up to $20 billion by 2024.
From salves to oils, gummies to even jelly beans, cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is everywhere. CBD is a naturally occurring compound found in marijuana and hemp plants. Unlike its sister chemical known as THC, CBD doesn’t have any psychoactive effects so it won’t get you high. Several tests and studies show that CBD oil can help to overcome diabetes, anxiety, stress, and seizures when ingested in the correct dosages.
CBD at your local retail chain?
Kroger Food and Pharmacy, the largest grocery chain in the U.S., plans to sell CBD infused oils, balms, and creams, in 945 stores across 17 states. The grocery chain is not alone as a number of other retail giants are starting to offer CBD products as well. this includes the likes of GNC, VitaminShoppe, CVS, and Walgreens.
- Walgreens: Walgreens recently announced that it would be making CBD products available at 1500 stores across the country.
- CVS: The U.S.’s biggest drugstore chain CVS is now selling CBD infused beauty and skincare products like creams, lotions, patches, and sprays in select stores in 8 locations across the country.
- Ulta Beauty: Ulta Beauty has also partnered with a popular skincare brand known as Cannuka to carry CBD-infused products that also feature the superfood ingredient Manuka honey, hence the name. These products are available in all Ulta Beauty stores, except for outlets in Idaho, South Dakota and Nebraska, where cannabis laws continue to be stringent.
- GNC: GNC, a company that’s known for its “live well” philosophy, is arguably the largest supplement provider in the country. The company announced earlier in the year that they plan to release a line of exclusive CBD products in a select amount of stores nationwide.
- Apparel Companies: Even apparel companies like Urban Outfitters now offer CBD products from the brand CBD for Life. Meanwhile, luxury retailer Neiman Marcus plans to offer a wide variety of CBD products starting with five of its locations across the country, and online.