The Best CBD Oils For Cats (2021 Reviews)
CBD oil has fast gained a reputation for helping to relieve a number of common ailments many of us deal with on a daily basis. There’s even growing traction about using CBD oil for dogs as a means of supporting their general health and wellbeing. What’s not so talked about is using CBD oil for cats. But don’t let this lack of awareness fool you into thinking that it’s not worth looking into. Giving your fluff ball a dose of CBD oil can be hugely beneficial for them. CBD oil can assist with everything from easing their feelings of stress and anxiety to helping treat any pain or inflammation they’re experiencing.
To help you find the right CBD oil for your cat, we looked at dozens of CBD oil for cats to identify the best of the best. In our search, we considered factors like the quality of ingredients, taste, ease of use, customer ratings, and more.
The 5 Top-Rated CBD Oil for Cats
Best CBD Oil for Cats Overall: CBDfx CBD Oil For Dogs and Cats
CBDfx CBD Oil For Dogs and Cats is a 100% organically-grown full-spectrum CBD oil that’s ideal if you’re looking for a high-quality, lab-tested CBD oil. CBDfx’s CBD oils are formulated with food-grade ingredients and each purchase is independently lab tested by third-party researchers to guarantee purity. Amazingly, you’ll receive your very own copy of the report for the specific CBD oil you buy. The report includes details about the amount of each compound in your bottle of CBD oil, as well as a guarantee that it’s 100% free of unsafe heavy metals and chemicals.
Other eye-catching features of this product include the fact it’s made in the USA, cruelty-free, and solvent-free. With a 4.9 out of 5 star rating from 70+ reviews, it’s gradually gaining a strong reputation among cat parents. It’s worth keeping in mind that CBDfx CBD Oil For Dogs and Cats also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
CBDfx CBD Oil For Dogs and Cats Key Features:
- Full-spectrum CBD
- Made in the USA
- All food-grade ingredients
- Purity tested in an independent lab
Best Third-Party Tested CBD Oil for Cats: HolistaPet CBD Oil for Dogs & Cats
If you’re looking for a high-quality, highly-reviewed CBD oil for cats that’s even been lab tested for purity, HolistaPet CBD Oil for Dogs & Cats is it. This CO2 extracted full-spectrum CBD oil is formulated with 100% natural and organic ingredients that are free from GMOs, gluten, and dairy. This means that you can buy it with the peace of mind that you’re giving your cat the highest-quality CBD for cats around, without the standard unwanted ‘extras’. Did we mention it’s vegan too?
One of the features we love most is just how easy it is to use. Thanks to the well-designed dropper bottle, you just need to drop it directly into your feline’s mouth or into their food or water. While there are a total of 5 dosage sizes available to buy, opt for the smallest dosage size for your cat; 150mg of CBD. As you may have already noticed from the product’s name, it’s also suitable for dogs to consume. So if you’re a dog parent as well, you may wish to treat your pooch to a bottle too!
Given all of its features, it’s hardly surprising that more than 160 customers have given this product a mind-boggling 4.9 out of 5-star rating. It’s also notable that HolistaPet offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. So considering all of the above and this guarantee, there’s really nothing stopping you from giving it a whirl!
HolistaPet CBD Oil for Dogs & Cats Key Features:
- 100% natural and organic ingredients
- Lab-tested for purity
- Free of GMOs, gluten, and dairy
- THC free
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Best Organic CBD Oil for Cats: RE Botanicals Hemp Tincture for Pets
RE Botanicals Hemp Tincture for Pets is one of the few certified organic CBD oils for cats available. In fact, we were genuinely surprised when we spotted its very reasonable price after reading through its impressive reviews.
Each 1 oz bottle contains 300mg of full spectrum CBD as well as certified organic virgin coconut (MCT) oil to support the health of your cat’s coat and skin. This product stands out for many reasons, not least because the formula is fertilizer, preservatives, artificial flavors, color and GMO-free.
The only downside we found was the fact that the product has relatively few reviews. However, given how well made this product is as well as the positive reputation RE Botanicals has as a company, we don’t believe this should deter you.
RE Botanicals Hemp Tincture for Pets Key Features:
- 300mg of full spectrum CBD per bottle
- Non-GMO and free of preservatives, artificial flavors, colors and pestisides
- 1% of RE Botanicals sales are donated to regenerative agriculture and helping farmers create healthier soils
- 100% USA grown, USDA certified organic hemp
- Contains certified organic MCT oil
Best CBD Oil for Cats on Medication: Elixinol Liposome Hemp Oil for Pets
Elixinol Liposome Hemp Oil for Pets is our top choice for medium-sized cats for a range of reasons. Each bottle of full-spectrum hemp oil contains 100mg of organic active CBD as well as wild Alaskan salmon oil. What makes this product particularly stand out is that it’s formulated to support cats that require a higher potency CBD oil and/or require the use of food to take supplements. Moreover, if your cat is currently taking medication, you’ll be relieved to learn that this product won’t interfere with it like some other CBD oil products potentially can.
Another unique feature is that it’s 3x more bioavailable than Elixinol’s standard CBD hemp oils when administered on food. By implication, you’ll be able to get 3x more usage out of a single bottle. Considering this, while the price appears higher, it’s in actual fact roughly the same price per usage as the options above.
Elixinol Liposome Hemp Oil for Pets Key Features:
- Contains 100mg of organic active CBD
- Water soluble
- Contains wild Alaskan salmon oil
- Money back guarantee
Best Vet-Approved CBD Oil For Cats: Petly CBD Pet Hemp CBD Oil for Cats
Selecting a CBD oil for your cat can be a bit of a daunting process if you’re new to the world of CBD oils. That’s why it may be helpful to select a product that already has the tick of approval from vets. We believe that Petly CBD Pet Hemp CBD Oil for Cats is the best vet-approved CBD oil for cats that money can buy.
It contains 125 mg of 100% organically grown broad-spectrum CBD. The formula also boasts human-grade MCT coconut oil to provide an additional layer of support for your feline’s health. Other eye-catching features include the fact that it is free from GMOs and gluten, as well as additives and preservatives. You can probably hazard a guess that it’s completely free of THC as well!
Petly CBD Pet Hemp CBD Oil for Cats Key Features:
- Contains 125 mg of broad-spectrum CBD
- Organically grown
- Third-party tested
- Human-grade MCT coconut oil
- Non-GMO, vegan, and gluten-free
Who Should Buy CBD Oil for Cats
If your cat is dealing with one or more health problems, there’s a good chance that CBD oil may be able to help. CBD oil can help cats with anxiety, stress, loss of appetite, joint pain, chronic pain, and arthritis. So if your cat is suffering from any of these problems, you should seriously consider buying CBD oil for cats.
If you’re unsure whether your cat could benefit from taking it, don’t hesitate to consult your vet first. They will be able to provide you with specific advice about whether CBD oil is right for your cat.
Important Features to Consider
CBD oil for cats should have a few important features. Here’s what to consider when selecting a CBD oil for your feline:
- Quality of ingredients. Just as you would do when shopping for new cat food, make sure to take a good look at the ingredients list for each bottle of CBD oil you’re considering buying for your cat. While you can be confident that reputable, well-reviewed brands will use high-quality ingredients, unfortunately, there are some brands out there that will try to cut corners. As a general rule of thumb, the less ingredients a product has, the better. Be extra mindful to research products with more than a handful of ingredients as these products are more likely to be filled with harmful additives.
- Different flavors. One of the key differentiating features between CBD oils for cats are the flavors they come in (or lack thereof). There is a bountiful variety of flavors on the market to choose from. There are also some excellent flavorless options if that’s more your cat’s taste.
- Organic. If buying organic goods is important to you, you’ll be happy to learn that there are many organic options to choose from. Companies selling organic CBD oil for cats will state this attribute clearly in their product descriptions, so you’ll have no trouble determining which products are and aren’t organic.
- Free of THC. As we also touch on below, it’s crucial to select a CBD oil for cats that does not contain THC. The reason you should steer clear of giving THC to cats is that it has the potential to make them extremely sick. CBD oils for cats will generally not contain THC anyway, but it pays to double-check the ingredients list for yourself.