CBD Oil for Aspergers
Living with Asperger’s is quite challenging. Whether you are a child or an adult, you might have to stay on therapy and/or medication for the rest of your life. However, this doesn’t mean that you cannot live a long and happy life because of this condition. If you don’t believe that, then here’s a list of a few celebrities, who are suffering with Asperger’s syndrome—Anthony Hopkins, Dan Aykroyd, and Daryl Hannah. So, now do you believe that it is possible to have a good life with Aspergers?
Even though there are proven medications and therapies that help in the treatment of this condition, CBD oil is perhaps the most natural and inexpensive way to deal with Asperger’s. Even though, there hasn’t been conclusive research on the healing relationship between CBD and Asperger’s, there are a lot of anecdotes across America where people feel better after CBD oil intake.
In case you want to learn more on this, keep reading.
Before anything else, let’s learn about CBD
CBD, or Cannabidiol, is a chemical extracted from the cannabis plant. There are 100 more chemical compounds, like marijuana and hashish, found in the cannabis plant and all of them contain THC, which is largely responsible for creating the ‘high’ in people.
However, CBD gummies doesn’t have THC and thus, doesn’t get you stoned. In fact, this is what makes it so special. While it doesn’t make you high, it comes with a lot of therapeutic qualities medicinal values.
Over the years, CBD is known to have cured a lot of health disorders, such as, anxiety, inflammation, depression, chronic joint pains, and epilepsy. While there haven’t been many medical studies and scientific researches on CBD effects on people’s health, the account of people getting healed by CBD intake is only increasing every day.
So, can CBD also help people suffering from Asperger’s Syndrome?
Asperger’s Syndrome, also known as Autism Spectrum Disorder, is a brain-related condition where the person has difficulty in socializing with others. The disorder is also characterized by repetitive behaviors and limited communication and social skills.
It is considered to be a milder form of Autism, even though the two have many biological differences. People suffering from Asperger’s are more at ease and articulated that Autistic people.
Below are some symptoms of Asperger’s Syndrome-
- Poor or no eye contact
- Resistance to physical closeness
- Can’t express emotions
- Unusually sensitive to light and sound
- Repetitive patterns
- Repeating words but not understanding them
- Problem understanding normal questions and directions
- Clumsiness and many more
The causes of this disorder hasn’t been recognized yet but as per the records, boys are four times more affected with this syndrome than girls.
How can CBD help with Aspergers?
CBD can affect Asperger’s patients in many positive ways. In fact, people suffering from this condition try self-medications many a time to deal with the social anxiety and restlessness developed by Asperger’s. This is where CBD enters.
Let’s find out more ways in which CBD oil can help with Aspergers.
- Reduction in stress: CBD has a natural quality of putting a person at ease. This means that he or she gets quick relief from stress, anxiety, insomnia and related problems. People who suffer from Asperger’s have to deal with heightened anxiety, which leads to a lot of complications. With a regular intake of CBD oil, the disorder can be controlled.
- It is antipsychotic in nature: Also known as neuroleptics, antipsychotic drugs work as a tranquilizer for brain conditions, like, schizophrenia and depression. CBD is a natural antipsychotic, which regulates brain functions responsible for perception, thinking, mood, etc. Thus, CBD oil can be accepted as a natural treatment of Asperger’s Disorder.
- CBD also helps with seizure: People suffering from Asperger’s often have emotional outbursts and seizures. There are a lot of past accounts where both children and adults suffering from seizures felt relieved after having daily dosage of CBD oil.
What are the risks of consuming CBD oil?
The best part of consuming CBD oil for a treatment is that it is completely organic and thus, doesn’t have any side effects. It is completely safe to take it since it is not addictive like other natural drugs. As per a study done by World Health Organization, CBD isn’t a controlled substance and doesn’t have abuse potential. Anyhow, it is important to consult your medical practitioner before starting CBD oil to treat your Asperger’s. Also, it is recommended to determine the right dose of CBD oil for you. If you aren’t sure of it, you can start with small doses and as you start feeling better, you can increase the dosage. Remember, it is vital to ensure the dose of CBD to get the best results.
Everyone responds differently to the treatment of Asperger’s. However, CBD, being a natural compound usually affects them with a positive treatment. Until now, the results have been quite impressive and the demand of CBD oil to help with Asperger’s Syndrome is only increasing.