What are some of the top CBD products for energy?
Cannabidiol (CBD) products have grown in popularity to help manage many ailments, such as pain and anxiety. As research investigating the benefits of CBD continues, some reports suggest that CBD may also be useful as a stimulant and provide a boost in energy.
The human body contains a complex network of neurotransmitters and cannabinoid receptors known as the endocannabinoid system (ECS). Researchers believe the ECS may be involved in many processes, such as energy metabolism and learning and memory.
While people may consider CBD a sedative rather than a stimulant, CBD appears to have a biphasic effect. This means that people may experience different effects or phases depending on the dosage they receive.
According to a 2017 review, lower doses of CBD may have a stimulating effect, while higher doses may have a sedative effect.
Research suggests that high doses may increase sleep duration, whereas doses lower than 15 milligrams (mg) may have alerting properties.
According to some other research, CBD could potentially be useful as a wake-promoting agent. However, this will differ between people and depend on how each individual responds to CBD.
Most people generally tolerate CBD well. However, some people may experience side effects depending on the dose. These side effects include:
- dry mouth
- changes in appetite and weight
CBD may also interact with certain drugs. Therefore, people who take other medications should consult a doctor before using any CBD products.
Using CBD for energy will vary depending on the product chosen. They may come in the form of capsules, energy drink mixes, bath bombs, or roll-ons.
Once people choose products suitable for their needs, they should follow the instructions on the label and not exceed the dosage indicated on the packaging.
It is important to choose CBD products based on criteria that are good indicators of safety, quality, and transparency. Each product in this article:
- is from a company that provides proof of third-party testing by an ISO 17025-compliant lab
- is made with hemp grown in the United States
- contains no more than 0.3% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), according to the certificate of analysis (COA)
- passes safety checks for pesticides, heavy metals, and molds, according to the COA
People should also consider:
company certifications and manufacturing processes
indicators of user trust and brand reputation, such as:
whether the company has been subject to a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warning letter
whether the company makes any unsupported health claims
Several CBD products for energy are available for purchase. Below, we list four products that people may wish to try.
Lazarus Naturals Energy Blend 25mg CBD Capsules
Lazarus Naturals Energy Blend capsules are a formulation containing CBD isolate. This means that, unlike full- or broad-spectrum products, it only contains CBD, with no trace of any other compounds, such as THC.
The capsules also contain caffeine, and the manufacturers state they designed the product to give people an energy kick when they most need it.
Each capsule contains 25 mg of CBD and is available in bottles containing either 10 or 40 capsules. According to the company’s website, the product has several positive reviews.
Sky Organics Sweet Orange Energy Bath Bomb
Sky Organics Sweet Orange Energy bath bomb contains broad-spectrum CBD. This means it contains various compounds from the cannabis plant. While these compounds typically do not include THC, some products will contain trace quantities of THC.
The product also contains orange essential oil and Epsom salts. According to the manufacturer, sweet orange essential oil can support a sense of focus, energy boost, and overall well-being.
Both CBD and orange essential oil contain terpenes. Some research suggests that terpenes may offer a wide variety of medicinal benefits.
Envy CBD Focus Essential Oil Roll-on
This roll-on contains full spectrum CBD. This means it contains all the compounds and cannabinoids present in the cannabis plant, including up to 0.3% THC. The product also contains rose essential oil.
The manufacturers state they designed this product to help increase productivity, motivation, and energy.
The company recommend applying the formula to pressure points, such as the neck and shoulders, to improve well-being. The roll-on comes in one potency: 100 mg of CBD per 10-milliliter bottle.
While CBD for energy is an excellent supplement to become more alert, other options can also help people stay energized. They include:
- Sleep: Lack of sleep is usually associated with lower energy levels. Getting enough sleep may support an energy boost.
- Caffeine: After making its way to the bloodstream, caffeine travels to the brain. It blocks inhibitory neurotransmitters known as adenosine, increasing energy levels. However, too much caffeine may result in energy loss.
- Ashwagandha: This medicinal herb may help relieve stress, improve focus, and increase energy levels.
- Fruits: Many different fruits, such as bananas, berries, and oranges, contain various vitamins and nutrients that can provide a jolt of energy.
- Water: Drinking water is essential for maintaining energy levels. Hydration is important for health as water is vital for every cell in the body to work properly.